Employee work effectiveness is a major problem faced by many organizations. This study by Inc shows that an effective employee management programme results in higher levels of productivity. This can be achieved in different ways depending on the type of industry.
As one of the industry leaders, GeBBS Healthcare Solutions constantly wanted to achieve high operational efficiency through improved business processes and performance. GeBBS chose ProHance in 2012 to baseline employee performance and help set benchmarks of acceptable work patterns.
Key Challenges Faced by GeBBS Healthcare
GeBBS Healthcare Solutions was founded in the year 2005 and is one of the industry leaders in Revenue Cycle Management (RCM), Health Information Management (HIM), Patient Access and Billing Insurance. It is one of the fastest growing healthcare companies with a current workforce of 4000+
- Lack of visibility on time schedule adherence to logged hours and breaks
- Absence of a monitoring mechanism to measure time spent away from a system on activities such as training, feedback sessions and team huddles
- Insufficient data on the current team and individual productivity levels
How did these Challenges affect GeBBS Healthcare?
- It was essential for GeBBS operational leaders to measure organizational productivity at all levels.
- Little to no factual data in this area gave the managers and management alike, no visibility how employees spent their time at work.
- All these inefficiencies lead to little to no productivity measurement of the employees. This indirectly affected the overall revenue growth of the organization.
“ProHance is an excellent workforce tool to track the usage and schedule adherence of associates for data processes. With this tool, we were able to gain 1 hour of productivity per associate. This has resulted in better workload and staffing management. It helps us measure the non-productive time of associates as the tool can track the list of all activities being worked on.” Prasad Salian, Manager, GeBBS Healthcare.
How Did ProHance approach the problem and deliver a Solution?
- Detailed analysis of the business impact and productivity parameters to understand the time spent on productive and non-productive work
- Workload pattern analysis helped the managers understand the current workload and utilization of their teams.
- Detailed breakup of time spent away from system assisted the managers in cutting down unnecessary leakages and optimizing
The analysis from ProHance was used by GeBBS management to assist in redefining targets and benchmarks for all work activities across employees. This helped the managers keep track of work assigned versus accomplished for any given day to ensure that defined timelines and targets were met every day. Additionally, ProHance was used to identify skill gaps and plan training needs.
What was achieved with the Implementation of ProHance?
ProHance data helped GeBBS identify opportunities for process improvements thereby improving productivity. As the tool started driving key business metrics on productivity and time efficiency, ProHance adoption increased by 6X in GeBBS over a 5 year time period.
- The organization was able to utilize ProHance effectively by driving key operational decisions through its stakeholders, which resulted in the following:
Increase in Time on the system (TOS) by 1
hour per day, per employee for one of
their business verticals.
Better work alignment
distribution with a
15% improvement in
measures for schedule
The effectiveness of the solution by ProHance tool provided actionable data. This was efficiently used by GeBBS Healthcare to improve processes and implement changes resulting in increased work efficiencies as mentioned above.