Every organization faces a dilemma when it comes to striking a balance between scaling of operations and staffing. The two aspects are not proportional and no company would like to have resources which are not utilized. Ajuba, a pioneer in the end-to-end Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) was facing a similar problem.
After extensive research, they settled with the ProHance solution. Read on to understand how ProHance solved their problem and enhanced the overall productivity by 25%.
Key Challenges Faced by Ajuba
Ajuba is a market leader in end-to-end Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) services where it has created a niche for itself in the ﬁeld of medical billing. The RCM services Ajuba oﬀers are broadly grouped into 4 major categories of processes: (a) Coding (b) Transaction (c) AR (d) Collections. As the company achieved a fast-paced growth, it also faced the following challenges.
- Operations Managers lacked the factual data necessary to baseline and set production targets for their teams.
- They had no way of measuring team eﬃciency and its correlation with work output to determine production throughput.
- Due to lack of real-time data, managers also faced challenges with respect to staﬃng, ﬁnding it diﬃcult to justify their staﬃng needs that are tied to production requirements.
How Did ProHance approach the problem and deliver a Solution?
Ajuba implemented ProHance on 3,000+ workstations in early 2015 and has utilized it as a key decision analytics tool for the organization ever since.
- With ProHance, Ajuba’s managers were able to analyze daily and weekly trends to identify patterns of employees who were underutilized and overworked.
- With access to real-time information, managers were able to take the necessary steps to improve production on the spot.
- The analytics generated by ProHance allowed managers to identify varying patterns in user efficiency as well as low outputs.
- Ajuba realized that work allocation was not uniform and certain jobs were a bottleneck to the entire production process, leading to sub-optimal efficiency.
What was achieved with the Implementation of ProHance?
With ProHance, Ajuba’s managers were provided with real-time analytics that enabled them to make more informed decisions that helped improve the process and workforce performance. The company was able to:
Ajuba managed to streamline operations with the data-driven solution provided by ProHance. The benefits were quantitative allowing Ajuba to measure the effectiveness of the solution provided by ProHance.